One of the best ways to backup your data is through Google Drive. It is convenient to use and offers a ton of free storage space because it is included with every Google account, allowing you to back up even larger items like photographs and videos.
Google Drive may not work well with an iOS device, despite the fact that it works perfectly with an Android smartphone. This is primarily due to the fact that iOS devices rely on iCloud as their primary backup method.
iPhone users, however, need not fear. This article offers some potential methods for doing so. Continue reading to find out how to backup WhatsApp on an iPhone to Google Drive.
Is it possible to backup WhatsApp to google drive on iPhone directly?
iPhones automatically have a backup stored in iCloud. Users of iPhones should research the best ways to move on with the process. In order to backup WhatsApp to Google Drive, one might use an Android intermediary.
How to backup WhatsApp to google drive on iPhone
Although WhatsApp cannot be directly backed up to Google Drive on an iPhone, there are possible workarounds. Here are a few legal strategies.
Method 1 Backup via a third-party program
Numerous third-party applications and tools enable users to back up data from their iPhones to Google Drive. One such application is the MobileTrans one. It may be used to backup WhatsApp on an iPhone to Google Drive. The actions are listed below:
- To begin with, download MobileTrans program on your PC.
- Complete the installation and connect your iPhone.
- Now, press Backup & Restore option from MobileTrans home screen. Then choose App Backup & Restore .
- A panel with many options will appear. It would include WhatsApp, WeChat, Viber and the like. Select WhatsApp among the options.
- Then click on Backup WhatsApp messages .
- The program will first recognise your WhatsApp. After that, click on the Start button to commence the transfer process.
The transfer process will be completed. This is the initial technique for backing up WhatsApp on an iPhone to Google Drive.
Method 2 Backup via Gmail
You looked into software backup earlier. We have you covered if you don’t want to install any software on your computer. With this method, WhatsApp chats can be exported to Gmail. Although this procedure is totally free, it takes time. The reason is that each chat must be individually chosen.
Following are the steps:
- First and foremost, select the chats for backup.
- Now, navigate to WhatsApp on your iPhone. Find and tap on the particular chat you wish to save.
- Go to the top of the chat and press the name of the chat
- Here, choose the Export the Chat option.
- Furthermore, additional options will appear. Keep scrolling down until you find Export Chat.
- You will see two options i.e. Attach Media and Without Media .
- Select Attach Medis if you wish to include media files. In another case, choose Without Media .
- Another list of options will be displayed. Look for the Gmail icon. Now, enter your email id in the recipient box and tap on the Send button.
It only takes something to do the assignment. You can download your chats from Google Drive once they have been exported.
Recommend readingDetailed Instructions for Using ChatGPT with Siri on an iPhone
Frequently Asked Questions
Can iPhone users backup their data to Google Drive?
Absolutely. Users of iPhones are free to backup their data using Google Drive. Google Drive can always be used to store the previously stored material from an iCloud account.
2. Where will you restore the Google backup?
Your data can be found in the 3 following contents once you’ve backed up the data on your iPhone to Google Drive:
- Photos will be found on Google Photos
- Contacts will be found on Google Contacts
- The calendar will be found on Google Calander.
3. Where can I get a backup of WhatsApp in Google Drive?
Visit Google Drive. In the upper left corner, tap the hamburger menu. Click Backups. You’ll see your WhatsApp backup.
These two strategies were the most effective. However, it should be noted that there is no easy solution to deal with how to backup WhatsApp on an iPhone to Google Drive. The prior techniques for manual data backup are alternate methods. There is currently no built-in functionality available. Which approach have you used? Comment below and let us know!